Search SJML Archives! (Powered by Google)

Previous Message: Re: RE:
Next Message: Re: RE:
Month Index: June, 1996


From:     "Thomas O. Magann Jr." <tomjr@???.com>
Date:     Sun, 30 Jun 96 01:49:42 PDT
Subject:  Re: Re:
>> >And what about the DS rules, which were the original question in the
first
>> place.
>>
>> Odd, I thought that the SJ rules where the original question. What happens
>> when a PC fire elemental becomes fire in the flow? was the question
(phrased
>> differently) that *I* responded to.
>
>There was no question until you raised it. Thus the DS rules were the
question.

Wrong. I didn't raise itr, I answered it. The question asked was what
happened if a Fire cleric changed in the flow.

I simply pointed out that the SJ rules say that it wouldn't happen.

The *you* raised another question out of it.

I fail to see where I did aught but answer, frankly.


>> "Must", as in "take it on yourself, or it's sent" or as in "energies build
up
>> in yourt body until they manifest"? Which you haven't proven.
>
>There is nothing on which to base either assumption, and thus nothing on
which to base
>proof. How then can you use such an argument? The point is that the
transformation must
>happen, and it is a personal transformation. With the absence of a direct
ruling on this
>situation, I am afraid that we are left to our own devices.

Actually, you seem to be ignoring the fact that there *IS* something to base
the possibility of borrowing bodies on.

Also, in the last response, I pointed out how the "energies building" therory
was unlikely on it's own merits, as well.


>It is also quite possible that this is not the case, given the previous
statement,
>though I see your point. However, as the clerics of Athas are not directlt
worshipping a
>greater power, and rather worshipping an element, it is unlikely that this
is being
>forced upon the cleric by a greater intelligence. There is no centralized
focus to the
>Athasian cleric's worship, so who would take a great enough interest in
them, to the
>point of interfering once every day?

Actually, as EAW&F tells use on page 7, no one knows who, or even how many,
but the clerics powers *do* come from powerful beings on the elemental planes
 *are* the source of the clerics' powers.

It goes on, here and there, in other areas. After all the book is about
clerics, and it does state in more than one spot that PLanar powers are
responsible for the powers, and that the clerics' pacts are made with these
Powers.


>> As part of the transformation is a shift to the etherial, the
transforamtion
>> can be blocked by anything blocking such a sift in planes.
>
>Once again, this statement would be true, except for the absence of the
phrase
>'necessary' part of the transformation. This is the key issue, it would
seem.

They don't say it's necessary, they say it happens. They don't ever say that
it doesn't happen. It just is.

Other evidence acqrues for the need, and even for the transformation being a
swap.

The evry fact the the source of the power is a Power, and that the change
happens at a given time, if not earlier by chioce is, at least, an indication
that it's imposed, not innate. In fact, the very fact that acquiring the
power is a necessity for spells over 7th level (spells, which, like any spell
of 3rd or highter level would have to be granted) makes it seem like a trade
off for a Power granting the spells in the first place. After all, you don't
get one without the other.


Now, do you anything besides the lack of a single word to offer, or are we
done with silly thing?

I know I am.


Thank You For Your Time,

Thomas O Magann Jr
http://www.sfo.com/~tomjr/

<tomjr@???.com> or my back-up: <TMagann@???.com>




Previous Message: Re: RE:
Next Message: Re: RE:
Month Index: June, 1996

SubjectFromDate (UTC)
Re: Re:    James Perry    27 Jun 1996 00:12:21
Re: Re:    James Perry    27 Jun 1996 00:37:33
Re: Re:    Don Weis    28 Jun 1996 15:10:58
Re: Re:    Deviant    29 Jun 1996 19:30:16
Re: Re:    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    29 Jun 1996 19:18:13
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 01:46:25
Re: Re:    James Perry    29 Jun 1996 23:03:46
Re: Re:    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    30 Jun 1996 00:06:56
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 07:11:08
Re: Re:    Don Weis    30 Jun 1996 05:19:06
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 07:16:45
Re: Re:    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    30 Jun 1996 05:44:31
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 07:56:57
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 08:01:37
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 08:08:08
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 08:12:05
Re: Re:    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    30 Jun 1996 06:25:48
Re: Re:    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    30 Jun 1996 06:42:32
Re: Re:    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    30 Jun 1996 06:47:03
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 09:43:21
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 09:54:49
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 09:58:17
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 10:01:55
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 10:10:39
Re: Re:    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    30 Jun 1996 08:49:42
Re: Re:    Shelby Michlin    30 Jun 1996 15:48:10
Re: Re:    Deviant    30 Jun 1996 18:41:21
Re: Re:    James Perry    04 Jul 1996 16:24:22
Re: Re:    Don Weis    05 Jul 1996 10:34:37
Re: Re:    James Perry    05 Jul 1996 17:34:26
Re: Re:    Eugene Shumu1insky    16 Sep 1996 21:50:02

[ SPJ-L@Cornell.edu ] [ Spelljammer@Leicester.ac.uk ] [ Spelljammer@MPGN.com ] [ Spelljammer-L@Oracle.Wizards.com ]