Search SJML Archives! (Powered by Google)

Previous Message: Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413
Next Message: Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413
Month Index: June, 1996


From:     James Perry <jperry@??.net>
Date:     Fri, 7 Jun 1996 07:25:33 -0500
Subject:  Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413
>At 09:09 PM 6/6/96 GMT, you wrote:
>
>>> Venus; Alot like earth, but only has amazons living there. They are also
>>>the Protectors of the Sphere, Somewhat like the Elves in Realms Space
>>
>>Only Amazons?  i assume they reproduce in the traditional Amazon way...
>
>  If you mean they raid (Demand payment) the other planets for verile men,
>and take them home to help propigate there race, yes :} Some of the
>societies have a lottery system to see who has to go with the amazons.
>  And for this small fee the Amazons keep the space ways free of enemy's.

small fee...LOL

>>> Earth; Well, its Earth. Set during the time when Atlantas was strong. Ther
>>>are also many Species that live there.
>>
>>What do you mean by many Species?  You seem to have places for most of the
>>usual PC races, what else lives on Earth?
>
>   Well, just about all of the main races, including Orcs and Gobblins.
>There however is 3 strains of Humans. The Northrons, Euro's and the Southron's
>  Northron's are pale blue skined Humans that live in the northern most climes.
>  Highron's are the normal Humans that populate most of the world.
>  Southron's live in the wastes to the south.
> And ofcourse there are the Atlantians, a race of Mages that came from the
>stars.

Oh, ok...that clears up quite a bit...does the general population of this
planet (or any of them for that matter) have SJ knowledge?

>>> Mars; It is a barren rock with 90% of it's surface is Desert. Most of the
>>>people that live there live underground. Also a substantial portion of the
>>>population is Drow.
>>
>>Sounds interesting...what is the other 10%  The planet (what I've heard
>>anyway) brings to mind Arrakis, planet of Dune (from the Frank Herbert
novels).
>
> The poles made of frozen water.

Oh...that sounds interesting...

>>
>>> Asteroids; Thats were the Gnomes and Dwarves live.
>>
>>Yeah, with the Dwarven asteroid ships, I kinda figured they'd live
>>here...and in most of my campaigns, Gnomes are an offshoot of the Dwarven
>>race, so they live in kinda the same environments.
>>
>>> Jupiter; This is a Gigantic ball of air. The center of the planet is
>>>actually an extention of the elemental plane of Air. The Dracons and Lizard
>>>men call this home. However, they have been fighting for centuries over who
>>>ouns the planet.
>>
>>If it is just air, where do the LM and Dracons live?
>
> They live on Giagantic floating cities that are kept aloft by the clouds.

Sky cities...interesting for Dracons and Lizard Men...although I suppose
that living on clouds allows the LM eggs to be closer to the sun, therefore
creating a more advanced LM race.

>>> Saturn; This planet has a huge landmass, but it is very simular to earth,
>>>jsut bigger. Primary Population is Giants and Dragons.
>>
>>I was just wondering, do you have any giant versions of Demihumans?  I have
>>some stats (somewhere) for giant Dwarves, Elves, Halflings, etc.
>
> No haven't thought of that. What are they?

The stats?  I'm not sure, I haven't looked for them in a while...if you want
me to though, I would.

>>> Neptune; This is a All water world. Actually it does have a land mass, but
>>>it about the size of the earths moon. No-One has ever been to it because of
>>>the depth. Sauhagin and Sea elves Call this home. Deep in the core of this
>>>planet sleeps a Celestial dragon.
>>
>>Interesting idea...When you say no-one has ever been there, does this
>>include the elves and Sauhagin?  If not, do they know of the dragon?
>
>  They have legends of there kind going to the Deep Dark, but that is all.
>They also have a prophisy of a beast that devours all that will be reborn if
>the planet's denisenz don't keep the Harmony of the planet. The Sauhagin are
>new arivals, they have been only on the planet for a century or so. This has
>been causing a slight Discord between the elves and them, so of the prophets
>are saying the time of rebirth is soon, unless they can change things.

The End Is Upon Us!!!

>>> Uranis; This is big ball of Ice, with no atmosphere. It was ripped away
>>>when a war between the Illithids and Beholders unleashed an unimaginnable
>>>monster upon its surface.
>>
>>Do Illithids and Beholders still (if ever) live on this world?  What kind of
>>monster are we speakign of here?  Something like the Tarrasque?  Something
>>from a Lovecraft story?
>
>  Well I never did decide on what monster to use. This is because it had
>happened so far in the past, that even the sages don't know how it happened.
>However there is beholders living in the planet, (They won the war) in small
>pockets of air that were captured under the surface. But ofcourse no-one
>knows this yet.
> But your idea of it is something from a Lovecraft storie is appealing. I
>will have to get out my chuthulu books out.

Glad I could be of some help (no matter how little). :^)  Might I suggest a
Dhole, perhaps?

Bryce



Previous Message: Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413
Next Message: Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413
Month Index: June, 1996

SubjectFromDate (UTC)
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Jim M. Sales    04 Jun 1996 14:38:38
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    JEREMY PEMBERTON    05 Jun 1996 01:52:11
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Ken Lipka    05 Jun 1996 11:51:28
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    James Perry    05 Jun 1996 15:07:47
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Don Weis    05 Jun 1996 15:42:50
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    05 Jun 1996 18:08:12
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Kevin Scardino    05 Jun 1996 18:56:03
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Joe Kirby    05 Jun 1996 19:18:56
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    05 Jun 1996 19:22:12
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Jonathan M Thompson    05 Jun 1996 19:22:23
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    James Perry    05 Jun 1996 22:09:26
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Don Weis    06 Jun 1996 03:06:23
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Thomas O. Magann Jr.    06 Jun 1996 05:54:52
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Joe Kirby    06 Jun 1996 08:55:11
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    phantom@????.????.???.edu    06 Jun 1996 12:02:33
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Eugene Shumu1insky    06 Jun 1996 13:01:32
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Jonathan M Thompson    06 Jun 1996 14:08:11
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Deviant    06 Jun 1996 21:20:50
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    James Perry    06 Jun 1996 19:04:08
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    James Perry    06 Jun 1996 18:18:27
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Joe Kirby    06 Jun 1996 23:50:02
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Deviant    07 Jun 1996 02:09:17
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Joe Kirby    07 Jun 1996 01:49:56
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Eugene Shumu1insky    07 Jun 1996 13:32:42
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    James Perry    07 Jun 1996 12:25:33
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    James Perry    07 Jun 1996 12:30:12
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Eugene Shumu1insky    07 Jun 1996 14:20:09
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Paul Westermeyer    07 Jun 1996 14:41:00
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Paul Westermeyer    07 Jun 1996 14:41:03
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Paul Westermeyer    07 Jun 1996 14:42:53
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Eugene Shumu1insky    07 Jun 1996 14:49:26
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    James Perry    07 Jun 1996 13:47:16
Re: SPELLJAMMER digest 413    Eugene Shumu1insky    07 Jun 1996 15:20:33

[ SPJ-L@Cornell.edu ] [ Spelljammer@Leicester.ac.uk ] [ Spelljammer@MPGN.com ] [ Spelljammer-L@Oracle.Wizards.com ]